Over the past semester, I have collected a myriad of quotes from things I've read and heard, and I'd like to share some of them.
"For children are innocent and love justice; while most of us are wicked and naturally prefer mercy." - Chesterton
"Mythology is not a disease at all, though it may, like all human things, become diseased." - J.R.R. Tolkien
"I shall not undertake to say where the line between Great Britain and the colonies should be drawn; but I am clearly of opinion, that one ought to be drawn." - George Washington
"Every man is guilty of the good he did not do." - Voltaire
"If whitewashing a fence is your job, embrace it as the one task you have the opportunity to perform perfectly today. Aspire to be the best white-washer in the business, to make that fence your Sistine Chapel." - Rick Pitino
"Some people are born leaders, some achieve leadership, and others have leadership thrust upon them." - William Shakespeare
"We do wrong to deny it, when we are told that we do not trust human reason: we do not and we may not. Human reason set up the cross on Calvary, human reason set up the cup of hemlock, human reason was canonized in Notre Dame." - Keith Feiling
I extend my thanks to the McConnell Center for exposing me to all these new ideas and new people. My excitement for the next four years is unparalleled to anything I have ever experienced before.
Sean Southard '15
Book Recommendations
International Travel Experiences
Chesterton
George Washington
Great Books
J.R.R. Tolkein
Keith Feiling
McConnell Center
Quotations
Rick Pitino
University of Louisville
Voltaire
William Shakespeare
A Semester's Worth of Quotations
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment